Strive for consistency over perfection
It is all too common that we feel guilt when possibly overeating on a meal, or missing one gym session. This is all too common and let me tell you, you are not alone!
All I can say is, strive for consistency not perfection.
- If you find yourself in this place right now, take a step back, refocus your thoughts and have a think back to your goals.
- If you overeat due to social gatherings or you didn’t make a session don’t think you have slipped up. Understand that you will have good days and bad days. If you have a bad day refocus and ensure that it doesn’t turn into a bad week and then a bad month! We are not perfect, no one is. Accept it & move on!
- Allow yourself time to process why this may have happened, and ensure you correct it for next week.
- If you miss a session because you snooze your alarm, get up 20 minutes earlier and go for a run.
- If you overate on the weekend, cut out a snack and go for an extra walk. The littlest things will make a big difference.
Each individual has their own health and fitness journey, see it as a lifestyle not a chore, wake up every day with new intentions and a new focus!
Just remember everyday you do something little to better yourself, overtime it will lead to a lifetime of better results.